Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Is ATT&T Going to release any work Jan 2001?

>Word from inside AT&T is that they will not be hiring any new people to work directly in the company. They will be looking into grabbing back a few of the contract houses though. Don't hold your breath on this. If you are banking on it I would consider looking elsewhere. Good luck in your searches.
>
>>Not all of AT&T's jobs were shut down, however 90% were.
>>The information I have is from International operations of Horizon and Adelphia. Usually information that comes from these sources are accurate, and it does make sense.
>>I sincerely hope that this isn't the case as there are a lot of individuals and company's that rely on the AT&T projects.
>>I personally have been affected by it on contracts (AT&T) that I had going on there (even though I am in Brazil).
>>Earl Bob send me your e-mail address and we can talk a little more about the future privately.
>>Truth is that virtually no capital will be released in the 1st quarter for AT&T Broadband for several reasons, stock price woes, over spending capital in 2000 being 2 big ones. Was on conference calls 2 times today and know it to be true. Expectation is to spend like crazy starting 2nd quarter, so no lay offs and hope contractors will be there when we go
>>>cablebrasil we are still going strong here in los angeles. maybe not ass strong when you where here, but at least we have something to keep us busy. havent received any e-mails from you recently whats up take care earl bob
>>>
>>>>AT&T will not be starting up any operations until the two folowing targets have been met.
>>>>
>>>>1. The restructuring of the 4 AT&T splits
>>>>
>>>>2. The increase in AT&T stock pricing.
>>>>
>>>>Because of the deflated stocks absolutely nothing will happen.
>>>>The stocks will not get anywhere close to what they were a few months ago for at least 9 months.
>>>>Don't plan on working any AT&T jobs this next year.
>>>>
>>>>>Is ATT&T Going to release any work Jan-01? I've been holding out(not working)for them to start back work the 1st of Jan 2001. I haven't heard that they were going to fire back up in a long time. I just keep hearing that they are letting go of there contract installers/In-house personnel. I can't hold out any longer than the 1st of Jan. Hey Cable Dawgs give me some info, please...
>>>
This is CABL.com posting #29865. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mhVR
Posted in reply to: Re:Is ATT&T Going to release any work Jan 2001? by dariousg
There are 0 replies to this message