Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Open Letter to Conservatives (and wanna be con

It has always been my opinion that OBama is a centrist with a slight lean to the left.  Right wing pundits have constantly try to paint him as a hard leftist.  He's not. A hard leftist would not have bothered reaching out to Republicans. A hard leftist would have vetoed the current Healthcare bill, and demanded congress send him a bill that contained a public option or single payer.

The reason I continue to support this President is because he is a realist.  He's not a leftist, righty, or centrist.  He goes for the best solution and does not limit himself to the options of the left, or any other ideology. For example, the individual mandate is a GOP idea.  That idea was incorporated into the bill, because no plan will work unless we have nearly everyone insured.

Personally, I do feel there are few things this President could learn from the Bush/Cheney admin.  The Dems had a super-majority for 5 months.  Although that is a very short amount of time, we all know that if Bush and the GOP were in that same position, anything they wanted, they would have gotten.
This is CABL.com posting #298072. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpHM
There is 1 reply to this message