Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: dish vs cable

Ive done both so where is the bads with both.  Im not saying these bother me, but they would be the bads for either.

Dish:  Depending on the areas you work it can be difficult mounting the dish close to power so you can ground it.  this is because of line of sight.  Plus phone lines to every box stinks.  Now alot of you hacks don't care about these, but this is about doing the job right on both sides.

Cable: Can't be scared of heights cause you get to climb up poles and attach to the drop to the tap.  Sometimes you got to do a mid span and if the line has a lot of slack it will move alot as you move up. 

For the most part, neither one of these jobs is very difficult.  Neither one of them pays worth a darn anymore especially for all the bullsh*t that you have to deal with. 

here is the number one reason I like cable over dish, Customers don't complain about an ugly big dish on their house and customers are normally close togethor.  With dish you could be driving to the middle of no where to get to customers.

The number one reason I like dish over cable is their HD is ALOT better than cable. 
This is CABL.com posting #297428. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpxo
Posted in reply to: Re: dish vs cable by madvec
There are 0 replies to this message