Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Do Fuel Efficient work trucks even exist?

COME ON!!! I own a 2006 Charger with the 5.7 Hemi and I get about 12 around town and maybe 16 to 18 on the highway. AND thats without my foot in the carb! Is your "quad cab" made out of fiberglass? I'm calling this one bullshit as I own that same motor in a CAR that is lighter than a quad cab truck! AND I wasn't a rolling warehouse with parts. There is NO WAY you pull that out of a STOCK 5.7 hemi. Depending on how you can set something up, I am researching the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I worked out of an S-10 blazer, 4 door SUV, so I am thinking there MAY be potenial to use for installs, QC and other field needs. The cops have them where I am at and 25 mph its on electric, from what I am hearing from the bean counters is that the upfront cost was higher than normal in comparison to a "normal service" vehicle, but that operational costs, ie fuel costs are much lower. I am sure there is a catch though, like when service is needed I am sure it will be crack out the checkbook time. They get you coming AND going.
This is CABL.com posting #297278. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpuY
Posted in reply to: Re: Do Fuel Efficient work trucks even exist? by 2ndchance516
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Do Fuel Efficient work trucks even exist? 2ndchance516 3/28/2010 12:09:24 PM