Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: We have to do what?

The do have the right to tax. But to spend, the Constitution gives them very specific, very narrow area's the federal government can exercise its authority. Tell me, what article and section of the Constitution gives congress the authority to demand anyone to have to buy a product that protects only themselves. What is next, you live in a bad neighborhood, so you have to buy a vest? You have fair skin so you have to use a parasol? Where does it end. 

They don't have the authority to pass so many of the bills they make into laws it is beyond belief. When Pelosi and Clymer where asked about the Constutionality of this bill you got "are you serious" and " we pass alot of things the Constitution doesn't say we can" ( paraphrasing on Clyburns, but I know it is close ). Healthcare is a state issue according to the Constitution, not a federal one. Since they did not fix the issue of selling across state lines, the interstate commerce clause does not apply, so, again tell me where does the authority come from.

I have a copy of the Constitution, I have read it many times since high school. Congress should read it again also. I believe that congress should have to clearly state in any bill presented, under what authority it proposes a bill. If a bill is OK by the Constitution, it should not be a big deal. Jack Ass or Bloated Elephant, it makes no difference to me, prove it to me and every other citizen.

What is next, you live in a bad area of town, you have to buy a bullet proof vest?
This is CABL.com posting #297180. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpto
Posted in reply to: Re: We have to do what? by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: We have to do what? Trey9007 3/26/2010 8:35:26 PM