Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: health care for all

Listen I am tired of hearing this type of comment so I will speak of personal experience. A few years back I was laid off and had no choice, but to try out Medicaid, gov't insurance. I had 3 young kids and had no choice. Hell I had even less of a choice when I got the medicaid. I got turned away from Dozens and Dozens of healthcare providers. I found out it actually cost less to just be a self-pay for what we needed and nobody turned me away. By costing less I mean time wise. I spent hours and days on the phone looking for providers that would see me or that were accepting new medicaid patients. They limit the amount of medicaid patients they will accept. And you think the insurance companies turn people away.

One other case. My grandfather literally lost the family farm during Carter days. When he had his heart attack he was on Medicare and when the ambulance picked him up, in state of awareness, they did NOTHING for him during the ride to or at the hospital. 3 hours later we told our grandfather goodbye. WOW, CAN I HAVE SOME OF THAT INSURANCE??
This is CABL.com posting #296953. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbppJ
Posted in reply to: Re: health care for all by dlightning
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: health care for all dlightning 3/24/2010 10:07:10 PM