Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hardware questions

I hope your not actually attempting to work on the system. It is not rocket science but, if you put a rocket scientist in a bucket truck he would screw up the system really quick.
You cannot learn sweep on the cable bar and you cannot just wing it.

It is somewhat offensive to even ask as though I am just an idiot for working 20 years in the industry to gain the skills that I have gained.
I remember after many years of installs and service calls I had to hit many end of lines for another more experienced tech to be able to even learn what frequency response meant. Then a long time of working with a group of very talented engineers as an apprentice to get my own node. And that was back in the day of the industry booming. I still learn something new almost everyday as this industry is ever changing and growing.
If you don't know what it is then I am pretty sure you have never spliced one in and that is like step one to sweep.
I am pretty sure your not meaning any disrespect so I will tell you how to acquire the information your seeking. Post another add and say it something like this.

Is there anybody out there willing to give me some training on how to do plant maintenance? I will come to where you are, I will assist you for minimum wage and I will work 12 hours a day. I will do whatever you ask and not complain. I will dedicate a few years as your apprentice and I will make you proud. I have a strong dedication to performing to the best of my ability and believe in always doing it right the first time. I will not complain about having to splice or having to do all the end of lines as it would be an honor to work under a maintenance engineer. I promise not to think I know everything as soon as I learn how to take a reference or splice in my first tap. I understand that there are hundreds if not thousands of variables in this aspect of the industry and I will allow you to tell me when I am ready to step up in the pay scale. Thank you for considering me for an apprentice position.

You can word it differently, but that is more of the kind of post you would need to post to get the information you seek. Good luck bro
This is CABL.com posting #296597. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpjZ
Posted in reply to: Hardware questions by mrgreen
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Hardware questions Chris13 3/21/2010 11:45:34 PM