Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Do Fuel Efficient work trucks even exist?

I got a bad heater core that isn't helping the situation. Heat has worked without much of the antifreeze smell lately. Dunno if I am imune to it or have just succumb to it lol. The fix I am told by my mechanic is to take the entire dashboard down to the metal, and that I should replace the condensor while the dash is off as its a 5 man hour job just for that, I am told.. The heater core itself is only like $80.00 and the condensor is I think $100.. (not gonna happen this month)  To further I have a cap on the back with my ladder rack on that, combined with all my RG11 spools (3) RG6 aerial/UG, and standard house cable (6) my tool bins and eq, I am sitting at around 8000- 9600 lbs including GVW. All those factors and the mileage I think are workin' against me. I even drive on the slow side, with slow starts to help out. I get about 300 miles on a full 21 gal tank for $60. A usual week I gotta fill up 2 1/2 times sometimes more when I pickup work outside my home area..  To top it off gas just went up like $.12 a gallon this week.. 
This is CABL.com posting #295755. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbo6p
Posted in reply to: Re: Do Fuel Efficient work trucks even exist? by SATMAN/MEMPHIS
There are 0 replies to this message