Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: After Supporting Medicare Cuts Through Reconci

This bill is not designed as a government take over, it never was. This bill regulates what the insurance companies can and can't do.

This bill states that they can no longer deny coverage for any one with a pre-existing condition. No lifetime caps on benefits, or raising your premiums with out justification. It also states that 85% of premiums must go directly for health care costs. You will be allowed shop for insurance across state lines which will lower prices due to increased competition.

Health insurance today is way too expensive to afford by yourself if your employer doesn't provide it to you. There are also alot of employers out there that just can't afford to offer their employees insurance because of the cost. Most of employers that offer insurance are now requiring that their employees pay more for their coverage through higher deductibles and greater out of pocket expenses.

Most of the people that don't have insurance today are the ones that that just can't afford to have it, their employers don't offer it, or they are rejected by insurers because of pre-existing conditions.

I'm self-employed and pay for my own insurance. Over the last 4 years, I have seen my insurance rate sky rocket by 74%. The latest was a 37% increase last month that took my premium to almost $980 per month. If I had gotten sick and used my insurance, I could possibly understand the increase. I've had this insurance for about 5 years now and haven't used it other than annual physical exams.

If nothing is done, by this time next year I will be paying over $1300 a month for health insurance, which is just fucking ridiculous.
This is CABL.com posting #294908. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboSK
There is 1 reply to this message