Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: After Supporting Medicare Cuts Through Reconci

For the last time, having auto bodily injury and property damage (liability) insurance pays for damages that you caused up to the limits on your policy. if the actual damages exceed the coverage on your policy, YOU WILL BE SUED FOR THAT AMOUNT. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY, THEY WILL TAKE YOUR ASSETS.

Liability means that you are liable to pay damages.  If you don't have insurance for that, that means that you are liable for damages and more than likely be sued to recover losses. That is why liabilty insurance is a requirement.

Yes, having auto liability insurance does protect you if have an at fault accident as long as your bodily injury and property damage limits are at an adequate level. If not, you are going to get sued. Having only bodily injury and property damage DOES NOT, I REPEAT DOES NOT protect your property in an at fault accident. For that you would need to purchase additional coverage.

I carry a $300,000/$500,000 liability on my vehicles, so if I cause an accident, I am PROTECTED up to that amount, and my assests are safe.
This is CABL.com posting #294826. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboRq
There is 1 reply to this message