Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Companies Win Techs Loose. Game almost over! L

Whew...take a breath Cowboy.
The reason that there won't be a  independent tech union is just that...independence. When I was shagging poles and pulling drops, I did it because I liked working for me. Even in the ancient days of traps and set tops I knew what an independent contractor was and what the law was...the same as it is today. I walked on some contractors and I sued some contractors. I also went overboard to help out those who were fair to me. But in the end I still made my own decisions. There wasn't any union goon telling me what I charged or how I worked or who I worked for. For all your ranting about organizing and union you should try working in a union shop for a while. The BS there ain't no better.
Do I thnk the industry today stinks? Hell Yes! But sometimes that just how it happens...drywall used to be a good paying, honest profession. Now it's all subs with a dozen illegals slapping up the wallboard. The GC doesn't care about the quality - it can all be painted over. So head back to school and get some training in another field, Cable/Satellite is done. It's a hard truth but as long as the corporations can keep glossing it over with splashy commercials they will hire the cheapest labor they can find.
Good Luck to ya
This is CABL.com posting #293857. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboBN
Posted in reply to: Companies Win Techs Loose. Game almost over! Love by Cowboy3939
There is 1 reply to this message