Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Unions? You have to care about each other...Ar

Well here we are almost a year later..........So I wWhy is what we get paid going down and prices go up? Its a theory, but I think a good one to think about.
The think tanks for Directv and DishNetwork have problems with getting their customers satisfied due to too many techs who are money only oriented. Contractors want money to go back out and resatisfy the customers. Companies then have to pay for that and they have signed a gurantee to get their contract with the Prime to satisfy the customer. We are that gurantee. The Prime paid them very well which they enjoy using for their own purpose instead of paying it to us, so they write their own contract with us with their own set of rules, which is not controlled by Direct, Dish, or Cable Companies . Generally unfair and illegal for a 1099 contractor. But because they know we won't do anything about it like sticking together they get away with it. The fact is Directv and Dish pay them well. They don't share that with us. And there are so many of them that we have no control nationwide for fair pay. Everyone and anyone according to them can do satellite or cable. This is the way they think, so you can be replaced one by one as the need for them arises without hurting their way of thinking (low pay). Of course if every tech across the nation decided not to work at the same time, this would force them to reconsidered their way of thinking. But, oh we cant do that we have bills to pay. We have to feed our families. And we can barely do that with all the profit taking they do. I wonder how the teamsters and AFL-CIO and others got through this part.
Now naturally this type of planning is not self sustaining. It is going to hit a dead end sooner or later. So they must have a master plan they are aiming to achieve.
If they keep the prices low the cost high and then add a employee roster at the same time then techs will become employees little by little seeing they aren't making it as 1099 contractors. They still need a certain amount of contractors to achieve their goals on their way to have all inhouse techs they can totally control. Just doing this increases their profit margin and lowers yours a great deal. The way they are doing it still isnt fair to you because you still get chargebacks, no ot pay or whatever they do to create a scenerio where they still take from your earnings. But when they are done everyone will be employees. You still loose.

You have no chance to win this battle, because techs will not form a brotherhood and personally I believe its too late. Techs in this industry have become what they hated in the 1st place. Greedy! You will never take care of each other. You do not have the guts of organizations like the Teamsters and others to get what you need. You only care for yourself (not realizing you are destroying your own future and profits). No union was ever formed without the conviction of the whole body to get it done. Its too late. Techs in this industry are whimps! You even help destroy the guys that try to get things done for their brothers. Sure there are the exceptions, but so rare they don't count. You see only from your prospective, not the whole picture. So as far as I can see you have no chance of saving yourselves. You are totally looked upon by other unions and organizations as not having what it takes to get the job done (no guts).
All I can tell you is take the employee position, because the 1099 contractor is being eliminated and becoming smaller each day. You have lost! Not that you ever battled. But this is what happens when you get gutless wonders together to do a job anyone can do. Its too bad because everybody but you will make the profit in this industry now. Techs have totally destroyed themselves. ill repeat this post here..

This is CABL.com posting #293603. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboxH
Posted in reply to: Re: Unions? You have to care about each other...Ar by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message