Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CBO report: Stimulus bill created up to 2.1 mi

Trey I HEARD the man say it in a speech. I don't need anymore than that. I heard him say it. I am hearing him say just 2 days ago, that they saved 2 million jobs. You want to call it fuzzy math when I say it but it is fuzzy when they say it. Post all you want and I will go with what I saw and heard. You keep saying he never said it but news reports keep saying he did. I am done with this discussion.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama said on Saturday an analysis of his stimulus proposals showed that up to 4 million U.S. jobs could be saved or created by 2010, nearly 90 percent of them in the private sector.

U.S.

Obama said previously his estimated $800 billion plan to lift the country out of a yearlong recession would create or save 3 million jobs, but the new analysis showed that number would range between 3 million and 4 million.

"The jobs we create will be in businesses large and small across a wide range of industries," Obama said on his weekly radio and Internet address. "And they'll be the kind of jobs that don't just put people to work in the short term, but position our economy to lead the world in the long-term."

The analysis was submitted by the head of Obama's council of economic advisers, Christina Romer, and Vice President-elect Joe Biden's chief economic adviser, Jared Bernstein.
This is CABL.com posting #293268. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbosi
Posted in reply to: Re: CBO report: Stimulus bill created up to 2.1 mi by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message