Create your free account now! Sign up

Hughesnet Installation

So I have been looking for any and everything to get out of contracting for Mediacom... but at the same time I still have to make decent money so I still haven't found anything that I can leave for yet... and yesterday I came across an ad for installing broadband internet systems... 110 an install... 1000 to 1700 a week working 5 days.

So I called them this morning and it is Hughesnet. I am debating on doing it because it will have it's ups and downs....

They said the radius of work is 150 miles from your house. Right now I travel no farther than 20.

Now I get all materials supplied to me, with them I have to buy cable, fittings and grounding materials.

I have heard that Hughesnet is a pain in the ass to install and can take 2 to 3 hours... I know cable well enough that if a job takes me more than 2 hours its because its a huge beater, not a typical job.

BUT...

Right now I have to go to the shop every morning to get equipment, and they said they ship everything to you and email you your jobs.

Right now I work 6 days a week no questions asked... they work Monday thru Friday.

Right now I might have to run 6 outlets at a house which i dont get paid for the first 3... doing just internet I would assume you only run one per house?

Right now we have to bring every house up to code for free and we all know some houses have had 10 hacks there in the last 2 years... these guys pay 60 bucks for repair jobs.

SO I guess what I'm asking is for some input from people who have actually installed it and if it would be worth it at 110/install 60/TC.  They said they normall give their guys 2 installs and 2 TC a day.

Thanks in advance
This is CABL.com posting #292968. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbons
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Hughesnet Installation flynharry 2/24/2010 10:53:37 AM
Re: Hughesnet Installation EshoreJoe 2/23/2010 2:36:01 AM
Re: Hughesnet Installation satmanbill 2/23/2010 1:12:35 AM
Re: Hughesnet Installation marty sullivan 2/22/2010 11:25:54 PM
Re: Hughesnet Installation scooterz56 2/22/2010 11:01:09 PM