Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Even I'm Shocked......

"Indian Tribes obtain health care for their members from the federal government through direct services, contracts, or compacts. Specifically, Tribes can choose to: (1) receive health care services directly from the Indian Health Service (IHS), (2) contract with the IHS to assume control over administration and funding for individual programs and services the IHS would otherwise provide (referred to as “Self-Determination Contracts”), or (3) compact with the IHS to assume control over health care programs the IHS would otherwise provide (referred to as “Self-Governance Compacts”). Self-Governance affords Tribes the most flexibility to tailor health care services to the needs of their communities"

From Treys website....

The website you gave me proved your very point true but false in the same breath.  Yes its a Federally financed initiative like you said but like I said its a Native American plan not government plan.   See the Self Governance and ability to tailor make plans?  So I'm sorry it's not just a government healthcare plan.  Instead of having generalized service for Native Americans it places the tribes in a position of control.  The tribe determines who qualifies and who doesn't.  They also determine their own benefits with the funds they have available.  But if you would like to make an educated arguement about the costs vs uninsured this could be your vehicle.  Go find us the data that shows how much cheaper it is to provide this service to the Native Americans than it is for our fellow uninsured Americans.  That is what your really fishing for right?  Palin just got caught on your line. 

Took all of 2 minutes for me to find that info.  LOL Took me longer to write a reply to how you haven't taken everything into consideration when making statements. 

Have a nice day,  Mike
This is CABL.com posting #292918. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbomE
Posted in reply to: Re: Even I'm Shocked...... by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message