Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Global warming and hot air

I don't think the scientists can agree totally on the cause or even if its a cycle.  I remember when I was a child they said another Ice Age was coming.  Maybe after the global warming?  It would be ridiculous to think we have no affect on the environment.  Its 55 degrees outside my motel and I'm running the AC because the lamps, tv, fridge, laptop and me are keeping it above 70.  It's something that probably should be considered for future generations.  If out of fear or consideration of the environment it gets my next truck to 50+ MPG then I'm all for it, fuel is killin me.   The arguement isn't about the warming in politics its the cost of restrictions.  (So in an effort to slow any new legislation desperate attempts are made to dishonor that theory)  Its very costly for a coal plants, etc to meet Obamas environmental agenda.  Is actually costing people good paying jobs.  Due to the downturn in the economy electricity isn't in as high of a demand.  Coupled with stricter regs many plants are shutting units down that are outdated and too costly to put scrubbers and such in.  The training programs for these operators will be fewer and far apart.  It will cost the consumer on their electric bill, vehicle , etc to meet these stricter standards aside from taxes offsetting astronomical costs to comply. 
This is CABL.com posting #292882. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbol4
Posted in reply to: Re: Global warming and hot air by sweatforhire
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Global warming and hot air sweatforhire 2/22/2010 8:06:57 AM