Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Even I'm Shocked......

This whole argument is ridiculous. Who gives a shit? trey u r stretching this story why? While it is federally subsidized, state insurance or medicaid programs are available to all based on income. Last year, after the project I was on came to a close, I was out of full time work for about 6-7 months. Both of my kids have been enrolled in florida healthy kids,state insurance for 10-12 years. You renew annually and pay based on income. All kids are eligible. When I filed my renewal and stated 0 income and unemployed they automatically put my kids on medicaid.(even though I sent payment for 1st quarter) My daughter is insulin dependent type I diabetic. Immediately, medicaid made changes to what things they would cover. Although not cut out but less quality supplies in some areas. The red tape without going into a long unending story is simply rationing and clearly inefficient. I have been back to work 4 months now and can't wait to get back on fl healthy kids. The program is advertised frequently and still dumbasses don't do the paper work to enroll. Young people deserve a bit of help getting started and in many cases the decisions are made by some pencil pusher several hundred miles away. I guess my points are, the fed program is less efficient, the care is not nearly as personalized and more difficult for me and them to manage.

I am also a DAVeteran. If you would like to hear some of the horror stories I have personally experienced at the VA then just hit the buttons. Although the Gainesville,fl va is next door to U of F medical facilities and better than many,in many cases, the red tape is endless and there is no personability. I don't know about you but when someone is seriously ill or in a state of trauma a little comfort goes a long way. You keep pushing for fed intervention and you will be sorry. That is a guarantee. And just wait until you get old.

Last and actually most important is this idea has nothing to do with care, it is about control. Plain and simple.. You are obviously on board for the wrong reasons.
This is CABL.com posting #292838. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbolm
Posted in reply to: Re: Even I'm Shocked...... by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Even I'm Shocked...... MCT-40 2/21/2010 7:23:37 PM
Re: Even I'm Shocked...... Trey9007 2/21/2010 6:48:53 PM