Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What type of drill is best used to core 1 inch

I happen to LOVE my 18v Li-ion Makita. It has 2 led lights right next to the trigger. Those come in real handy at night on those oh so lovely night cuts. If rigid has a TRUE 100% warranty on their batteries I would jump on it. But I do question if it is in the fine print that they cover just the drill and or charger. The reason I say this is because I have had my Makita for 3 and 1/2 years now and just this year I had to buy new battery packs. The Batteries Plus store informed me that the Li-ion is an "unstable" battery that charges quick, does good in the cold, and has great power, however, the bad news was that their longevity is limited to 2 to 3 years. The guy, the owner of the local Batteries Plus (who by the way can rebuild an SDA pack for about $40, just FYI) said I was lucky to get the full 3 years out of the battery. DeWalt is a nice brand also, I am just partial to those very well placed leds on the drill and I believe my torque pounds are higher than the DeWalt. Buy hey this is just my 2cents. I would check into that Rigid deal though, if it covers the batteries also, I would do it. My replacement packs were a bill a piece for the Makita. Good Luck on your quest for the holy grail of drills! 
This is CABL.com posting #292778. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboko
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: What type of drill is best used to core 1 inch captaincoax 2/21/2010 9:48:39 AM