Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The GOP 2 step..............IT GETS WORSE

Ok I can tell now that you are definately not open to discussion about said party.  I consider myself a fiscally conservative minded individual that has a heart for my fellow Americans.  People say you cannot be both.  I disagree. 

No I wasn't impressed.  First I thought for once in some time we had a man of the people instead of just another politician.  Where do you want me to start.  Lets go to the auto industry.  100% behind the loans/ bailout.  What was wrong was the way the union now has control of GM.  You dont fast track bankruptcy and leave the many creditors eating dust while the Union was protected.  Several small funds were wiped out due to their trust in a company that brokered a deal with the government.  Those smaller investment groups had people like you and me behind em.  Where do you draw the line.  That bankruptcy/deal with the union was like eating a buffalo sandwich.  One second we heard bankruptcy the next it was a done deal.  Its obvious that these same people who continue to fall short on their budgets have the illusion that they have a keen sense of business.   So some Einstein in Washington wanted a new head man at this auto company.  Don't blink someone got canned because our democrats had to flex their muscles.  Yes I had a problem with the way this was carried out step by step.  And again the idea is genuine and whole but our Government has no business selling cars.  Give em the loan and stay out of their way.  If  they need to be told how and what to do with their company by our government then obviously its not a market downturn and a horrendous investment for the tax paying Americans.  This is still a capitalist society? 

Next?   This is the one I argue with both the Rep and Dems.  The bonuses on Wall Street.  My example:  Trey wants me to work for him.  We agree on said pay scale and sign a contract.  The terms were lower than industry standard guaranteed salary with a very, very lucrative performance bonus.  Treys company isnt doing so well in his other branches.  He asks bank for loan/bailout, recieves it and everything is fine for 6 months.  All the while me and my team are making tons of money for Trey.  Well his bank decides to tell Trey not to pay me my bonus????  WTF is that about.  How can our government overstep again.  To you this might not seem like much but I feel like they overstepped their boundary again.  Say what you will about it being our tax dollars going out the window then why does this administration continue to pay upwards of $1,000,000 to corporations in Iraq and Afghanistan for workers when the laborer only recieves 10 to 30% of those monies?  How can you justify telling AIG how to run their company when the very ones under your nose are taking you to the cleaners?  I know an intrepeter that went to Iraq and worked with our special forces.  He recieved a little over $300k a year when the contractor got 1 mil!  We, yes you and me are paying through the nose to get people in harms way ASAP to assist our troops only to get the same results a simple temp agency can deliver. 

This could go on for days but one last general topic.  This stimulus money that you said rocketed the economy back on track hasn't changed the true culprits of the recession.  Housing industry corruption top to bottom is still there.  From the builder to the appraiser to the mortgage broker to the lender to the buyer.  Nothing has changed except how the same mortgage brokers that attempted to double dip with their clients now get a third scoop with the loan modifications.  Yeah we gave the damn dog that chewed our leg off a couple of ribs.  Why didn't Obama push regs to control this industry?  He had no problem telling the auto and investment banking execs what to do!  Next we haven't adressed the issue of all these states falling short of their budget and using the stimulus funds to keep from laying people off.  When does that shit hit the fan?  Just a bandaid.  Very few real jobs have been created by these states.  How can you be behind a stimulus package that allowed gross fiscal misconduct by almost every state in the union.  Secondly, how much of a 10 mil dollar grant to repair a bridge actually gets into the workers hands?  yeah,  the lobbyist get a chance to get fatter.  A short term job patched a bridge and our economy got a patch too.  This country had a false economy in the housing industry that was initiated by legislation introduced by Clinton(everybody should have a house) and was allowed to continue by Bush when he didn't sign the regulations that sat on his desk. 
That problem created an immense blackhole of monies from the average taxpayer.  We had major migration and displacement the last 10-15 years of people and their financial position.  We had people moving into/living in neighborhoods that had no business being there.  This in turn created a higher demand for all city services(fire/POLICE/medical).  Larger houses were built therefore increased the demand for utilities which all contribute to the false economy.  How do we get those jobs back when people arent living in these houses using water/electricity/gas?  Throw some money at a highway, a ball park, how about a new bridge?  This monters goes on n on.  Now with our government and banks left to support the local infrastructure through their foreclosed properties property taxes a delima is created for banks. 

As you can see these problems are in big part to a divided country.  Clinton signs bs bill, Bush doesn't help that problem by not signing the fix.  
So HELL no I think Obama has achieved SHIT!!  He talks like my preacher and is likeable just like Bush. Its called politics brother.  He has done nothing more than any other person of any other party would have done.  You think the GOP wouldn't have loved to throw money out the window?  They lost their call sign "conservative" for some time.  I cant back a war monger party that plays on peoples fears to get power.  You actually think our unemployed numbers are lower now?  No stats you can use to determine that.  No way except to call every single person in America that recieved bennies for unemployment.  Hey dont even waste your time trying to feed me some BS about it.  Its a fact we cannot track employment or lack thereof accurately.  Could be 1-30 points off.  Guess what new benefit Obama or the state of Alabama gave their welfare reciepients?  A 200+ minute cell phone!  Our country borrowed money from the Chinese for what???  Maybe the Chinese should step in and say you Americans are nuckin futts.....    A damn free ass, welfare cell phone..   LOL!!!!!  Obama has changed alot.  He bought em cell phones in the hood(gotta be politically correct n say trialer parks too).  That must have been the kicker that they were made in China.
This is CABL.com posting #292385. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbod3
Posted in reply to: Re: The GOP 2 step..............IT GETS WORSE by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The GOP 2 step..............IT GETS WORSE Mad/Dog 2/19/2010 7:20:03 PM