Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Joyful day for this old dawg

Well, here is the update. 'Daisy' is pretty much all better. She should be after what the vet charged. 2 days after bringing her home from the vet (she was only in over night) the dog came down with kennel cough on top of the parvo. Fortunately, we think we caught it all in time and she should overcome everything. Just gave her the last pill for the severe case of worms she also has/had, today. She goes back for her third parvo shot in another week.

I had to force feed her, force feed her medication(s), and generally take care of her. This is the kicker; now that she is better, she only wants to be with the wife or my daughter. I am last choice as she won't willingly come to me unless no one else is home. Little bitch.

She is a sweetheart and you can tell she feels alot better, so I guess as long as the wife and kids are happy, that is what matters. Doesn't make my missing Tripp any easier. Still feels like I don't have a dog, but I guess I'll get over it. She is a riot to watch at times, at night she has a sweater we put her in and I haven't figured out how she does it yet but, she doesn't have it on come morning. And other times she is just one of those cute dogs that makes even the crustiest person step back and say "awwwww".

So I guess we have a dog and she is getting healthy. I still have to try to get what money I can from the adoption agencies for 'selling' (thats what it really is) an unfit for sale dog. I want to thank everyone again for all the support and PM's I received during this terribly difficult time in my life, y'all are great.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #292367. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbodL
Posted in reply to: A Joyful day for this old dawg by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A Joyful day for this old dawg Lightmaster 2/18/2010 6:52:48 PM