Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The GOP 2 step....... Sab3r, Toast

I sent this out to my brother today. What does it have to do with this? Maybe nothing. But after I read the thread again it dawned on me............this exact thread happened a year or two ago. Only it was conservatives or republicans writing and placing 'proof' of their words. Exactly. Hypocrisy, the dem 2 step. And I started to laugh. They have us so divided that we will never unite to see what they are doing. The same thing keeps us occupied. Some believe in a 'side' they are on. WE ARE AMERICANS. WE ARE NOT ON A SIDE BUT THE US!!. But they have us divided and bickering amongst ourselves and it works for them. Don't believe it? Just search hypocrisy and look at the posts a couple of years ago and you will see. Anyway, I lost myself today in this and it was how we should be, all of us:

I am sitting in the all too familiar reality of loneliness brought about by circumstance once again. Albeit joyful in theory and practice, still it is lonely.
As I watch "Fred Claus" and garner the lessons derived from the story and moral implications, I start to enjoy a flavor from Alaska. A flavor disseminated by a much favored family member, in what just seems to be moments in time before the departure to prosperity or just getting by again. A flavor that as I imbibe.........I start to remember.

Thoughts of family when times were not to be worrisome. A time when all we had to do was be carefree and enjoy what life delivered. Feelings that have my mind dancing with joy of youth and younger siblings. Boundless adventures of life unbridled. Riding bikes and playing baseball. Camping and playing in the dirt. Football in the snow and hockey on the melting ice of the spring. The life of endless joys of play, fishing and Christmas. It isn't Christmas so much as the feeling of it. The same joy and brotherhood that Christmas lends mankind. The very marrow of what we relish in life. Companionship. Love. Sharing.

Something so simple to spark the centers of the brain to nostalgia. To the thoughts that carry the spirit across the seas of memories to the ones we love to remember and sometimes forget. As I enjoy this simple food..........I am urged to think of family. I am urged to ponder siblings and children. Friends and lovers. Wife and parents. And I willingly do so. I invite the feeling of it. I roll over in its smell like a dog on a rotting piece of fish. I mimic the smile he makes in getting into the mire. I go back to the time of when my brothers were young. I go back to yesterday and beyond. I am happily sad that those times are gone and only the dust of the past remains. Thoughts join me in the new venue I have found my self in. Thoughts that perhaps............just perhaps we should try harder, so much more diligently to remain as we are during the season of Jesus and Santa Claus.

As I think of this I am already thinking of the next Christmas..........so far from now. Yet why is it? It doesn't have to be far. So I am going to propose something this year to my family and friends. I am going to say............"One of the presents we give this year should be to challenge our friends and relatives." "To what?" you ask? Challenge all of us to find someone. Someone in need. In need of something they aren't getting. Then get it for them. But, you cannot let them know where it came from ever. And we need to do it so covertly that they won't guess. It might not be someone you know. And you aren't to discuss it with anyone. It has to be your action and idea. But you will have to start now. Then while we are all enjoying our Christmas and the gifts we may or may not have.......perhaps the best gift will be the one we know someone got without knowing who gave it. And something they needed. It didn't have to be a material thing. It could be a service. So this year maybe Christmas will come early for someone. All because of you.

And......................all because of some smoked salmon someone (Richard) gave me and I started to enjoy one night in Texas. Now you know the rest of the story.

This is CABL.com posting #292063. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbn8R
Posted in reply to: Re: The GOP 2 step....... Sab3r, Toast by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message