Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Death Panels Already Exist

People also used to not sue because of the use of experimental drugs that the FDA gave the go ahead to use. But when you have lawyers out there putting out ads that say and I quote " I will protect your most valuable right. Your right to sue for money" you get issues like this. Malpractice insurance rates did not go through the roof for no reason.

Juries are all too willing to over look the law and give out multi million dollar verdicts to the "little guy". What people fail to understand is that all of those verdicts add a few dollars to everyones premiums each month to pay for them. The insurance company does not print money like the fed does. The money to pay those verdicts cames from premium revenue. So in essence we the people are paying those verdicts off one month at a time.You also get doctors adding thousands of dollars of unnecessary test to protect themselves from lawsuits which add to the costs to everyone.

I am not saying their are no abuses on the insurance company side of the coin. But their are issues with all of it that could be cleaned up with tort reform rather than a quasi government take over of health care. There are many intermediate steps that few, other than the lawyers, would argue with that need to be tried before throwing the whole system away.
This is CABL.com posting #291495. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnZH
Posted in reply to: Re: Death Panels Already Exist by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message