Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: My story..

I know who you are and who you work for as I worked out of the same office. After I tell you what happened to me you'll probably know who I am, or ask Donald and Wally. I'm sure they'll be all to eager to tell you who I am. I worked there as a tech for several yrs. and I couldn't complain. I averaged between $1200-$1500/wk. Then I was talked in to moving up in the world and handeling the companies underground operations. So I took on a couple of partners, bought boring rigs, tractors, trailors, trucks, etc. Jobs were way behind and we were constantly being pushed to catch 'em up. Well 6 mths. later we did. And suddenly it was what have you done for me lately? They cut our rates and pretty much forced us out and we lost everything we had. I was as close to committing murder as I ever have been and probably ever will be. It destroyed me for a long time. I couldn't get over how much things had changed in 20 yrs. But they have. its not the same animal anymore. Cable, satelitte, and phone companies have succeeded in pushing the contractors out. They can hire someone to do it for $10/hr. They don't care if they are hacks. Its quantity not quality. My point is this isn't 1988 anymore and you can't make 6 figures falling out of the truck anymore. Its just a matter of time before Cox shuts down Custom Cable. Find another job before you get that memo. The cable contractor is dead.
This is CABL.com posting #291483. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnZv
Posted in reply to: My story.. by rookiecableguy
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: My story.. rookiecableguy 2/11/2010 8:39:17 AM
Re: My story.. bushmaster 2/11/2010 8:07:31 AM