Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Possiable Bad Check

Call the bank the check is drafetd off and verify the account number, check number and amount. They will tell you if the check is good. If you deposit the check and it's bad your bank will remove that amount to protect themselves. They will not do anything to help you on this.
The other question is whether you were you an employee or a contractor.
If you are an employee it's easy. You just file a complaint with your state labor board and they will do the rest.
If you were a contractor your only real option is small claims court providing that the check was drawn for $5000.00 or less.
You can file your claim against the company only in the area that the company operates.

>Question:
>I work for a company that the contract is coming to an end. The just gave me my last check. I think it is bad. They use a different bank than I do. If I deposit the check into my account & it bounces, will my bank take the money back from me or will they go after the company that wrote it?
>I have bills, & if I deposit the money, & write checks to pay bills, I need to know that the money will be there, so I don't bounce checks.
>Unfortunately, I'm think some of you old timers may have some experience with this. Could you please help me with some info?
>Thanks a lot,
>Eric Stewart
>
This is CABL.com posting #29146. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mhKg
Posted in reply to: Possiable Bad Check by trying2makeit
There are 0 replies to this message