Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: More GOP Shenanigans.....

The idea that it is a senators job to bring home money home from Washington is the root base of the spending problem. The amount of gaming the system, back room deals, scratch my back I'll scratch yours type of stuff that goes on there on Capitol Hill has become a competition amongst each other as to who can bring home more. And the voters fall for it every time.

They vote what is good for themselves rather than what is truly good for the country. (i.e. entitlements etc.) out of what I believe is pure mental and physical laziness, and that goes for the voters as well as the pols.  That might not be a popular sentiment and you won't hear it said in public by anyone of importance but it is what it is.

That and the predisposition of so many people I talk to that whenever there is some problem the automatic response is " man the government needs to do something about that" or "man the government owes it to me".

And as for the health care reform they are attempting right now, we need to clean house in congress first then go at it with, as you favorite President said while campaigning " with a scalpel, not an ax.
This is CABL.com posting #291433. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnYH
Posted in reply to: Re: More GOP Shenanigans..... by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: More GOP Shenanigans..... nrb1 2/10/2010 8:28:17 PM