Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: "In Any State, at Any Time: A Reminder of

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Thats the 10th ammendment,the fed just doesnt have the authority to mandate health care and they shouldn't be wasting their time on an endeavor that they have no authority to impose. It will require an ammendment to pass which will require 3/4 or 34 states to approve which may be the way it takes place I'm really not sure but the fact remains that the federal government does not have the authority at this time.It isnt a power granted to the fed under the constitution and they should not be attempting end runs around it,that is very dangerous no matter which party does it for whatever reason be it good or bad,thats the whole point of checks and balances to keep us from tyranny. Remember a democracy is 51% telling the other 49% what to do, thats why we are a republic not a democracy which is a proven failed form of government that leads to tyranny.

I agree there needs to be something done as long as its fair to the majority and it may take an ammendment to get there but as I understand it thats the only way for it to be done on a federal level. Its not a right,a right is GOD given, you are born with them not something you want a government giving you or controlling,remember a government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take away everything you have.

I just dont want to end up paying more for less so some non working chump can wear out the doctors office getting his script. If the gov is in charge of it it'll turn into a black hole that sucks up money.

This is of course just my opinion and I very well could be wrong on some of these facts but thats the way I understand it. Here is a good link we all should have in our favorites. http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/ 
This is CABL.com posting #291419. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnYt
Posted in reply to: "In Any State, at Any Time: A Reminder of the by dlightning
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: "In Any State, at Any Time: A Reminder of MCT-40 2/10/2010 7:05:49 PM