Create your free account now! Sign up

MN Tap Changeout

I heard all the complaning about the prime using the buddie system in this project.  Sorry I work on the project and the prime that I work for(Midwest Splicing Inc.) doesnt follow the code of screw the next guy as long as I get a new car. No buddie system just hard working line dawgs. No one from down south can prepare for Minnesota winters, unless you do your homework. Crawling to the easement in knee high snow to hit your two pieces and back to the truck for the next two pieces. Its not fun but who got in this business to complane about the weather and climbing all day in the easement. I was trained in by this company I currently sub for by old school line dawgs who got me woorkin sun up to sun down. Drink a 12 pack after work and start all over in the morning. And over the summer you did this sometimes for 6 to 8 weeks at a time to prepare for the winter. 
        This economy has us by the balls I just didnt know how soft some guys have gotten. Climbing is what we do, enough with the f@*king bucket babies!!!
        As for the project itself, its work fellas.  Im not getting rich,the hours are good,the company qc's everthing (so do it right the first time and you wont go back),the prices include s/s,and we do pole cleanup. This job is piece work not footage. With this type of project you will get hacks because they got to get in more pieces. This is why the contractor is inspecting so thoroughly. If you do good quality work the only thing your doing your job! Come summer the project goes to underground, then I suppose there will be some complaining about how hard it is on there knees(try being the other prime,lol). So there is light at the end of the tunnel. To those on the project bundle up, keep your feet dry, and your hands warm.
        Good Luck.
This is CABL.com posting #290910. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnQg
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: MN Tap Changeout Midwest Splicing 2/7/2010 5:58:43 PM