Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How can we Spend to Get Out Of Dedt, does that

lol...

"Porter Stansberry was convicted in US Court in August 2007 of fraud, and violating the SEC Act, in issuing one of his wildly overhyped reports, sold for $1,000 a copy, that provided supposedly "insider" information on a stock -- information that was actually false -- and urged readers to buy the stock. The judge ruled that Stansberry (and his company) were "integral participants in the fraudulent scheme" and that Stansberry had "fabricated the false statements" and had also "testified falsely at trial." Stansberry and his company were fined some $1.5 million and enjoined from committing fraud again. As Porter wrote himself in his e-mailed "S&A Digest," in commenting on the court verdict: "Thus, for the rest of my life, I will probably bear the burden of having a federal court judge call me a liar."

Tellingly (or astoundingly...), Porter Stansberry issued another of his wildly overhyped "special reports" in Oct 08 -- proudly mentioning/trumpeting his earlier report as an example of his supposedly successful advice -- that is, the exact same report for which he was convicted in court of fraud and violating the SEC Act. The guy clearly has no shame. As he also indicated in his "S&A Digest," wildly overhyping his products is an integral part of his "business plan." Clearly, buyer beware!"

This is CABL.com posting #290559. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnKB
There is 1 reply to this message