Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Don't Ask Don't Tell!

I e-mailed my local radio station just a few hours ago on the same subject. I thought their off the cuff comment, although not supportive but in my opinion uneducated and inexperienced. The comment was in regard to a call from a current usn patriot, and he was a bit rude and immature but nonetheless the same as I feel thinking back on my active duty prior to dadt and women on combatant ships. As more calls came in I noticed a bit of  shift in their comments. My e-mail basically said- I have no fear nor conflict with fucking your buddy(for lack of better words), but when at sea for a 6 month tour in close quarters as not many have experienced that don't ask don't tell is as good as a policy as it could be. But looking at it as a young jr. bootcamp aboard a ship or a combat attachment (my mentality, again prior to dadt) It was annoying. We knew who the gays were.. obviously...But nowadays  with increased stress of constant combat situations, this seems to be nothing more than liberal infiltration of the military of which they hate already.. With that said, it is obviously more divide and conquer tactics. Don't ask don't tell (implemented under clinton) is as good as a policy as it should get. Military duty is still voluntary and should be the least conflicts of interest as possible. LIVE AND LET LIVE! It is bad enough they are being sent to kill with no real reason. Should we inflict more stress for liberal agendas? Either way it is little more than an exploratory commission, Dadt is law and must be repealed by the criminal congress before a change can be implemented...
This is CABL.com posting #290432. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnIy
Posted in reply to: Don't Ask Don't Tell! by Nat Light
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Don't Ask Don't Tell! drifterdawg 2/3/2010 10:39:40 PM