Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Joyful day for this old dawg

Too late. The women folk already ruined her:

This dog is hilarious! Pretty damn smart too. So I got her all her shots today. She has fleas, so had her treated for that as well. She stinks but I have to wait 48 hours to bath her because of the flea treatment. Guess she got into a scrap with one of the other dogs so a little Neosporin here and there is needed. Beyond that she's awesome. VERY loving and adapting well so far. She is also almost a year old. She has all her adult teeth.

Her story is that someone dumped her out in the country and she almost got hit by a car. A good samaratin stopped and coaxed her into their car then the dog warden was called and picked her up.  I'll tell you one thing, she sure HATES being on a leash. I've never seen a dog be so distrustful of a leash before. Gotta figure out how to get her to not be so fearful. Of course it is her first day here and I am sure she is overwhelmed, but she has to 'go out' sooner or later because I won't tolerate the 'going in' at all.

Damn! The wife just left to exchange some doggie things she bought already. 10 bucks says she comes back with twice as much as she left with!

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #289896. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnzU
Posted in reply to: A Joyful day for this old dawg by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A Joyful day for this old dawg LocoDawg 1/31/2010 6:00:24 PM