Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: If you dont do this job we wont give you anymo

I dont understand why people complain about this one.  Educate yourself and you wont get screwed.  I have told people that have "provided" me work who I worked "With" that I would'nt take a job.  I have gotten that responce and told them straight up if you want me to be an employee thats fine but the next time I hear the word employee come out of your mouth your paying all my taxes and im droping my insurance and your paying for my supplies.  Don't play the game of acting like an employee.

Theres an advantage of contracting.  You play right in their pocket if you contract and act as an employee.  Hell even my little part time job I have that I enjoy asks me if I want to come in on particular shifts.  If I get asked as an employee I better be getting asked as a contractor.

Now heres what needs to happen.  A sub is an independent contractor who has his own tools own truck, own insurance. and Technically its own company.  So if you are your own boss/company why would you let another company tell you what work they are going to give you?

I'm the type if I had a couple techs, I would play right in these guidelines.  As far as you not recieveing work?  My responce is simple.  Theres another company down the street ill contract with them too.  They cant really restrict who you do work for.  Look at how many dealers do both directv and dish network?  If thats not a conflict of intrest I don't know what is.

The point is act valueble you will become so.  Act like a little toy and be treated as so.  You have to let them know where you stand and make sure they don't cross those lines.  When they start to you have to raise havoc over it.  I don't care how small of an issue.  Then they know they can't push you.

Even as an employee you can do this to a point.  The only difference is you will probably have to go out to the job anyway.  Tell your supervisor you are not trained well enough to handle this job and might need more training in this area.  If it really is a tough job for you.  Theres not as much of play you have as an employee.

But subs that act like employees are the ones having the issue.  I honistly wont work for anyone unless they meet my pay requirements.  If they don't I guess I might go hungry or work in a different field for awhile.  Normally if you work it right theres no issues.  But I refuse to be treated like scum.

This is CABL.com posting #289893. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnzR
Posted in reply to: Re: If you dont do this job we wont give you anymo by Rex Jones
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: If you dont do this job we wont give you anymo Cowboy3939 1/31/2010 4:18:47 PM