Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone done any work for Celebs?

I've worked in and around LA since 1980 and here are a few of my favorite celeb encounters.
  • Installing cable for Howie Mandel ( He had a lifesize cardboard cutout of himself w/ the rubber glove on his head in the garage)
  • Fixing Donald Sutherland's satellite service in his "star trailer" on location. Real nice guy.
  • Cable install for Tony Orlando's home in Hidden Hills, CA. Told me about his radio interview with LA DJs Mark & Brian and how they faked a visit to a local McDonalds looking for two singers to replace Dawn.
  • Doing a service call for actor Dana Elcar, who is sadly nearly blind from cataracts, yet he was very upbeat and positive. What a guy!
  • Nichelle Nichols from the StarTrek movies and series. Has a beautiful voice.
  • Bruce Boxleitner
  • Lena Horne
  • Beau Bridges (When he introduced himself, I said " Oh yea, Lloyd's son" hehe)
  • Billy Bob Thornton ( Not what I expected; very laid back and friendly)
  • Bob Barker
 And last, but not least, was the time I was sent to the Disney studio lot to fix the satellite system in one of the star trailers and was face to face with Johnny Depp in full costume while filming "Pirates of the Caribbean". I said hi, but he had the same far away look in his eyes, same look he used in the movie, and ignored me completely. Well, he was "in character" and I was invisible at the time. ACTORS, right?
This is CABL.com posting #288297. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbm97
Posted in reply to: Anyone done any work for Celebs? by primebusiness
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Anyone done any work for Celebs? hid1baby 1/21/2010 12:06:23 AM
Re: Anyone done any work for Celebs? drifterdawg 1/18/2010 7:21:24 PM