Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: And it begins

lol...... I crack up when I hear republicans say people dont like the healthcare bill, as if they all agree republicans. Many don't like the bill becuase it has no public option.  By not supporting a pblic option, Dems have pissed off a portion of their supporters. Historically, Dem voters are not as reliable as GOP voters, therefore turning off a protion of your voters, to the point where they won't come out and vote, is  a problem Dems must address. 

Since Reconstruction, there have only been 2 occasion where the party who holds the white house, hasnt lost seats in Congress during mid-ter elections, and no party has gained seats 3 times in a row.  So, since 2008 (The Dems 2nd consecutive victory in Congress), Dems have known they were going to lose seats in 2010.  Thats why they are pushing the more vital parts of the agenda. The possibilty of the GOP gaining seats in 2010 is not a suprise, and has little to do with healthcare. History tells us that the suprise would be if the GOP doesn't.

The electoral map is still very Obama freindly.  Therefore, that means the likelyhood of the GOP continuing to gain seats after 2010 is pretty strong, although I think the 2012 Congressional races will lean for the Dems and the 2014 races will lean back toward the GOP.   
This is CABL.com posting #288129. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbm7p
Posted in reply to: Re: And it begins by Nat Light
There are 0 replies to this message