Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: aurora node, multiple return freq's (return pr

not that easy there are about 900 modems in this node.i would have to have them change the bad freq to a diff freq or turn the bad one off all together. i think the load balanceing is both virtural and physical in the nodes due to the amt of modems .i say this because not only do i have 4 up freqs i also have node split in the lid useing the RS4002 AURORA splitter . for instance on drumit comes up with one downstream and 4 upstreams named
679 A/B -LB1
679 A/B -LB2
679 C/D -LB1
679 C/D -LB2
In this the a/b represents the left side of the node and the c/d represents the right side .

now here is the kicker i forgot to add in the original post . on the aurora node  you have 4 return jumpers coming from the lid to the board. now i have 3 trunk legs and 1 feeder coming off this node . for shits and giggles while trying to figure this out i decided to swap jumpers to see if the problem followed the jumpers and it did , so i took the problem leg off of one or the trunk lines and traded for the feeder so i wouldnt impact as many customers..

ok now im tired of typing , thanks for everyones help!
This is CABL.com posting #288014. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbm5y
Posted in reply to: Re: aurora node, multiple return freq's (return pr by lazarust326
There are 0 replies to this message