Create your free account now! Sign up

under payed

i may be a an un happy tech but.. how does directv get techs to work for such a low price? I went from dish to dtv and the earning difference is so unbelievable. and why do they expect more and a higher quality of materials but still pay way less? more work is available?... but dam i am doing twice sometimes three times as much work. the market that i am working in has not converted completely over to swm so every upgrade to hd is more material than the actual payed job. i am a bit confused?. and how many people actual have home tele. lines. is that only another way to earn profit for them? impulse pay preview? no extra money for the tech who actually connects them to it. but lets threaten to fire him if they do not connect the ird to a telephone line.
  i like to do quality work. yes i am slower than most techs out there. yes i spend more time on cust. ed. yes i know a customers system like the back of my hand. yes i do not use barrels. i'd rather run a new line. but when do i quit? dtv's pay is not worth it!! 
This is CABL.com posting #287729. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbm0X
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: under payed rlhcable 1/14/2010 7:04:17 PM
Re: under payed mark8881 1/14/2010 6:37:21 PM