Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Global Warming, my ass!!!

so....you are comparing science from 30 years ago to today? i think we can throw that out.

plants do live on carbon dioxide...and spit out oxygen...so we might want to keep a balance there somewhere down the road...

money is always a possibility...just like sticking to oil based fuels is also very profitable for many...just like allowing tobacco companies to keep in business...just like the y2k scare that drummed up so much computer business...there is plenty of lobbyist money for every type of "bad" thing out there

to be honest, i almost completely reject the "power and control" theory. most people who really WANT and NEED power dont go into politics, they become entrepeneurs and leaders of huge corporations or take over a small country. they dont share power or get into bed with a whole political party who never seem to be able to agree on anything.

i think the global warming thing is so easy for some people to believe because of smog in big cities. back in the 80's, smog was everywhere and it wasnt healthy. people said "hey, lets quit emitting so much crap that causes smog." the air is much cleaner now. seems like a straight forward logical process.

global warming is alot more complicated than that. first off, smog was easy to see and breathe and everyone knew that it didnt used to be there. global level temperature measure (let alone tracking the past) is a huge undertaking all by itself. who could ever be sure of what they were seeing?

This is CABL.com posting #287530. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmXK
Posted in reply to: Re: Global Warming, my ass!!! by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Global Warming, my ass!!! sab3r 1/13/2010 12:55:11 AM