Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone done any work for Celebs?

Did alot of Celebs work, as a service tech, back in late 70's early 80's in Coachella Valley (Palm Desert, Indian Wells. Rancho Mirage etc.)  Frank Sinatra (rewired entire house), Gerald Ford (secret service laid me out because I crossed his property along golf course, they saw the meter bag "Jerrold 727" and thought it might be a bomb or something, Roger Daltrey and some other minor celebs and alot of really rich people. Used to get alot of $100 tips (huge when pay was $4.50/hr), then company changed policy on accepting tips.  Most of regulars still insisited on tipping.  They knew when their cable was having problems, you'd show up there first.  They were right.  One customer in Eldorado CC in Indian Wells always left 2 bottles of Dom Perrione for checking his cable out at end of work day on New Years eve.  Most people in the desert were pretty laid back in those days because the towns were pretty small.  The most extravagent place was the Annenberg estate (had personal golf course.  1st time had a service call, drove up to front gates pushed intercom button, only to be told to go around back to the service gate.  Head maintenance guy told me it cost 30k a day to upkeep the place.  With overtime and everything I think I made 15k(not counting tips) that year!!

Did work at Jerry Lee Lewis in Mississippi (just south of Memphis)  He has guitars as his gate to driveway.
This is CABL.com posting #286894. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmNu
Posted in reply to: Anyone done any work for Celebs? by primebusiness
There are 0 replies to this message