Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone done any work for Celebs?

Early 90's working big dishes (C Band) in LA. We were the "satellite co. to the stars"
Debby Reynolds - a real sweetheart - this was when her daughter Carrie Fisher was a roaring drunk
George C Scott - Yelled at me over the phone that "This piece of shit won't work" - TV needed to be on ch 3
Joan Rivers -before the scary plastic surgery, funny, funny lady
Barry Manilow -Nice guy
Red Buttons - kind of a jerk
Nicholas Cage - A total jerk, glad he's in so much $$$ trouble now. Will never watch a movie he's in.
Harrison Ford - Great guy, used to be a carpenter, insisted on helping - had his own (worn) workbelt!
Johnny Carson - Asked me if there was any way to make the clock stop flashing on his VCR. There are a lot of power outages in Malibu. I put a piece of electrical tape over the display. He thought it was funny. Big tip - he left the tape on.
Lily Tomlin - At first she was crazy, there was a problem with her system (squirrels ate the cable) Then she was cool.
Prince - Some assistant wanted a 10' dish mounted on a 3 story house in 24 hours, over the weekend - "money is no object". I quoted him $20,000. Money was an object!

Hooray for Hollywood!
This is CABL.com posting #286721. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmKH
Posted in reply to: Anyone done any work for Celebs? by primebusiness
There are 0 replies to this message