Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Health-care legislation has immediate effects

Wow.......  You guys really don't get it.  I thought you guys were just being difficult, but you guys honestly dont get it. 

Let me see if I can help you with the BASICS....

ALL LAWS at the city, county, or state level must be compliance with federal law, including the Constitution. Federal law is not the laws of the state, including this healthcare bill.  Federal sets the minimu standards, and the states are free to do as they wish, as long as what they choose does not violate federal law. Federal government sets the framework, and the states build on it as they please. This is the way it's alway's been.

Hawaii's plan is and always has been subject to Federal Law.  Their plan is based is largely based on the state's employer mandate rules.  If you go to pg. 348 of the manager's amendment, you will see that an employer mandate is included in the bill. Although, I don't like the fact that the Senate Bill is that it determines the size of a business by its number of employees, instead of by the company Adjusted Gross Income.  I hope and expect to see this tweaked before final passage.

I guess you guys missed the point that Rushy hailed the care he received in Hawaii, as being the best in the world.  He received his care in a unionized work place, and in the state with probably the most progressive healthcare structure in the country.  Then, he goes back on the radio to tell all his sheep how horrible a bill that would include union workers and an employer mandate, would cause a drop in the quality of service Americans receive.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the fact that many GOP/conservatives use this guys talking points very funny....
This is CABL.com posting #286557. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmH3
Posted in reply to: Re: Health-care legislation has immediate effects by RadioMan
There is 1 reply to this message