Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dog fence locates

Kind of a tricky situation. First, the dog fence line needs to be located. Not locating it would mean you are a hack, which you are'nt, and I am not saying you are. But here is where it gets tricky. You wouldn't be going there in the first place without the cable co providing the address. Now you must remember you are in business for yourself, not for the cable co. While I believe you are there for a job and are being paid for it, I think you ripped the unsuspecting customer off. I would charge MAYBE $10-$20. It isn't like you had to locate the entire property for all the utilities. But what do you owe the prime/MSO (if anything) for sending you there in the first place?

Personally, I would think the MSO should be billed and the MSO can bill the property owner(s). In other words, you need to renegotiate your contract to include locating invisible fences to protect yourself and insurance claims. It is a valid billable item that needs to be addressed immediately.

And 330cableguy, it is attitudes like yours that keep prices low. I don't mean this as badly as it sounds, but it is the truth. All locates should be done b4 you start to dig. If they aren't, either turn down the job, do the job and risk damaging the customers equipment, or do the locates yourself. Any of these things cost you money. You need to charge for it.

Happy New Year. Make it a good one and worth your time & talents.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #285939. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmx5
Posted in reply to: Dog fence locates by cgdontop2
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Dog fence locates Aquaholic 1/2/2010 10:15:39 AM
Re: Dog fence locates 330cableguy 1/1/2010 9:37:06 PM