Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: RG 6 Signal Loss.

It's good to have a spec sheet like that handy, just stick it in your truck for when it comes up. Personally, i find it hard to remember exactly what's what when i need it, and a slide-rule style card that comes from the wire manufacturers is great to have on hand in those instances. Other than that, you always know [or should, anyways] that if you put the wire there, it's good. And if you didn't, depending on the system you're in and who you're working for, then it's a dollar sign waiting for you to climb the pole and grab. On alotta reco's, I just replace it, you gotta climb one end already, and bringing the six-footer to the side of the house isn't a big deal. You should go to both ends anyways, why not make the extra few bucks for draggin a wire with ya?

The majority of systems I've been in don't allow any drops over 300', and after 150' or so, you need to be using rg-11. The system's SUPPOSED  to be built out and eq'd to run 4 outlets, including docsis/voip on one of those, usually. Can you tell I've learned how to work without a meter when needed?
This is CABL.com posting #285895. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmxn
Posted in reply to: Re: RG 6 Signal Loss. by johnmc3
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: RG 6 Signal Loss. turabahamut 1/1/2010 7:26:15 PM