Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Universal Health Care

if you die now your family when start collecting social security. if you become disabled, you will start collecting social security. when you become old enough (if you live that long) you will receive medicare without being charged at that time.

retirement funding is about contributing now so that you are taken care of later. its too bad that bush's plan to let people invest their social security the way they wanted didnt pan out. i would have liked to see the look on his supporters' faces when their retirement disappeared over night along with their 401k. luckily, those 401k's are coming back a bit.

medicare and social security is actually something i fully support. yes, medicare is a flawed system with a ton of fraud (that's why there's so many claim denials). yes, there is always the risk that social security will run out, but it was only about 10 years ago that we experienced a small surplus, so there is still hope there. the simple truth is: many people dont prepare for retirement. with medicare and social security (which everyone has contributed to in their life time so its not a total free ride like welfare) our respected elders can live with decent health and some small amount of financial dignity.

i do agree completely with the statement about corporations owning the politicians. dont get me started on this.

this country has made some big mistakes over the years, but we have always came out on top. we have gone from a steel industry country to a service based country and we grew. we've been through great wars and we conquered. we've been through depressions and came out with the highest standard of living in the world. every time a new problem arises, we rise to the occasion. i dont believe we are headed for doom. i believe we are headed for change. those who can not adapt will die out like the dinosours.

This is CABL.com posting #285838. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmws
Posted in reply to: Re: Universal Health Care by bushmaster
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Universal Health Care sab3r 1/1/2010 3:12:55 PM