Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Steep Roofs and Dumb Bosses

A typical roof would be ok, but some of the installs i see are on 3 story townhomes that require a 40' ladder to reach, then the idiot climbs to the peak to mount the dish! I think that customers seem to get upset when a 2' snow covers the dish and inhibits signal, poor customer can't get to work for three days cause he's snowed in and has no tv when he wants it most! roof mounts should be a last resort and only done if it is the only line of sight. I've been cussed to hell and back for not clearing these dishes and i just look at the customer and ask them if they really expected someone to climb up there on a day like that! I  did an install for a guy three days before the super bowl one year, he had a clear line of site from anywhere at ground level, i explained to him that the dish did not need to be on the roof, his neighbor was there and told him i was just trying to avoid having to go up there. I put it on the roof as requested, low and behold it snowed 17" the day of the game, he called me, i went to the house, (couldn't wait) I get there and there are 20 guy's standing around cussin like hell, INCLUDING the neighbor. I told the neighbor that i'd put the 40' up for him and he could climb on up there and brush the snow off! After the owner got done cussin the shit outta him i told him i had brought a spare dish in a bucket so he could watch the game and i'd come back another day to retrieve it. I got 7 $20.00 tips for twenty minutes of work. Not to mention the satisfaction of makin his neighbor look like an ass!!!
This is CABL.com posting #285610. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmsM
Posted in reply to: Re: Steep Roofs and Dumb Bosses by cablchik
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Steep Roofs and Dumb Bosses djackson8809 1/3/2010 10:51:28 AM
Re: Steep Roofs and Dumb Bosses drifterdawg 12/30/2009 1:11:45 PM