Create your free account now! Sign up

I'm Tired

"I'm Tired"  by Robert A. Hall"    
 cid:011379F0881142F4A50402CE4A5E38EA@tyler

I'll  be 63 soon
.Except for  one semester in college when jobs were scarce,` and asix-month period  when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day,I've worked, hard,  since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, Istill put in 50-hour  weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven oreight years. I make a  good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or myincome, and I worked to  get where I am. Given the economy, there's noretirement in sight, and  I'm tired. Very tired.  

I'm  tired
 ofbeing  told that I have to "spread the wealth around" to people` whodon't  have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government willtake  the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to peopletoo  lazy or stupid to earn it.  

I'm  tired
 ofbeing  told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in theirhomes."  Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing tohelp. But if  they bought McMansions at three times the price of ourpaid-off,  $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the  left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and  theCommunity Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.  

I'm  tired
 ofbeing  told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like MichaelMoore,  George Soros, and Hollywood entertainers who live in luxurybecause of  the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if theyget their  way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom  of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the  tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of  Venezuela . Won't multiculturalism be beautiful?  

I'm  tired
 of being  told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace,"when every day I can read  dozens of stories of Muslim men killingtheir sisters, wives and  daughters for their family "honor"; ofMuslims rioting over some  slight offense; of Muslims murderingChristian and Jews because they  aren't "believers"; of Muslims burningschools for girls; of Muslims  stoning teenage rape victims to deathfor "adultery"; of Muslims  mutilating the genitals of little girls;all in the name of Allah,  because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tellsthem to.  

I  believe
 "aman  should be judged by the content of his character, not by the colorof  his skin." I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" inthe  post-racial world of Obama,when it's all that matters in affirmative  action jobs, lower collegeadmission and graduation standards for  minorities (harming them themost), government contract set-asides,  tolerance for the ghettoculture of violence and fatherless children  that hurts minorities morethan anyone, and in the appointment of US  Senators from Illinois.  

I  think
 it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the emancipation  proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or  someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less  arrogantly of an all-knowing government.  

I'm  tired
 ofa  news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenseswere  obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, werewonderful;  that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste ofpresidential time,  but Obama exercising is a great example for thepublic to control  weight and stress; that picked over every line ofBush's military  records, but never demanded that Kerry release his;that slammed  Palin, with two years as governor, for being tooinexperienced for VP,  but touted Obama with three years as senator aspotentially the best  president ever. Wonder why people are droppingtheir subscriptions or  switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but  the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.  

I'm  tired
 of being  told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi  Arabiause our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools  topreach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund  achurch, synagogue, or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love  and tolerance.  

I'm  tired
 ofbeing  told I must lower my living standard to fight global` warming,which  no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than  Gore, you're green enough.  

I'm  tired
 ofbeing  told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help supportand  treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rushout  of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? I don't think Gay people choose to be Gay, but I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.  

I'm  tired
 of  illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers,"especially the  ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare orcrime. What's  next? Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"?And, no,  I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, andit's been a  few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for myreligion.  I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanicperson, who can  speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and whois  self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorablyfor  three years in our military.... Those are the citizens we  need.  

I'm  tired
 oflatte  liberals and journalists, who would never wear the` uniform ofthe  Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kidsnear a  recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kidscan sit  at home, never having to make split-second decisions underlife and  death circumstances, and bad mouth better people thanthemselves. Do  bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troopssometimes misbehave?  Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities thatwere the policy of  our enemies for the last fifty years and still are?Not even close. So  here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected toall the humiliation  and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at AbuGhraib or Gitmo, and  the critics can let themselves be subject tocaptivity by the Muslims  who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who  tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or  the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our  troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of  schoolgirls in Indonesia,because the girls were Christian. Then we'll  compare notes. Britishand American soldiers are the only troops in  history that civilianscame to for help and handouts, instead of  hiding from in fear.  

I'm  tired
 of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the " Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet as well.  

I'm  tired
 of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers, and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or  poor.  

Speaking  of poor, I'm tired
 of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.  

I'm  real tired
 of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems.  

Yes,  I'm damn tired
.But I'm also  glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have tosee the world  these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.  

Robert  A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the  Massachusetts State Senate.

This is CABL.com posting #285403. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmpr
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: I'm Tired Sweeptech2004 12/28/2009 10:59:31 PM
Re: I'm Tired FreetheHen 12/28/2009 2:48:20 PM