Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Does FIBER 1 Communications

You guys need to be carefull about pulling your cable off of a customer's house.  If they call the police, they will side with the homeowner and you will get a free ride in a police car for theft.  Regardless, if you never got paid for the job.  Best way to resolve this.  Sent a mail to DirecTV listing the jobs (with account numbers) that were never paid.  Also state that if payment is not received within 30 days that liens will be filed against the customer's homes.  After 30 days contact the customers.  Tell them that you were not paid for the work that was done on their homes.  They have two options, pay the amount or have a lien placed against their home.  If they wish, they can contact the company you worked for and DirecTV.  Give them a time frame of 2 to 4 weeks.  If payment is not received,  goto the court house and file the lien. 

From this point on, a lien will be in place for 1 year.  After 1 year you have to have a lawyer refile the lean.  This is where I use the prepaid lawyer program.  For 25 bucks a month they keep all my liens current, and help me with other issues.  Hope this helps.

Last thing, Don't ever work for a contractor of DirecTV or Dishnet.  You will get ripped off and those companies could care less. 
This is CABL.com posting #285170. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmlG
Posted in reply to: Re: Does FIBER 1 Communications by llerrah008
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Does FIBER 1 Communications djackson8809 1/7/2010 10:38:56 AM