Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: You have the power to change it.

Hey......... you can automate all of the administrative paperwork tasks. I did when I was a prime. It's truly amazing how simple and much more error free it becomes with a decently designed system. Of course now days, many MSO's do allow contractors to take part in their system, yet there still is a ridiculous amount of hand writing being done.

My installation techs simply keyed in their work every day at my shop, or anywhere they could access the internet, and everything was automated from that point on, including payroll (weekly), my invoicing, equipment tracking, and so forth, all with a click or two of my mouse. This is the 21st century, but yet I see most contractors operate like it's 1970, and continue to use computers like glorified typewriters. Over and over I see companies hire office staff to manually key in all kinds of data, creating the inevitable errors, including inaccurate invoicing, payroll, and even lost information. Not to mention the increased administrative cost, and trouble with time constraints.
This is CABL.com posting #284735. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmeF
Posted in reply to: Re: You have the power to change it. by scooterz56
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: You have the power to change it. scooterz56 12/21/2009 10:34:28 PM