Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: You have the power to change it.

Unfortunately, MOST cannot afford to not work to prove a point. Even though I have been inhouse for the last 3 years. I do think its very unfortunate that this business has gone the way it has. 9 years ago when I first started this work I thought it was the greatest thing. I knew I controlled how much I earned and if I worked hard it would reflect in my paycheck. Towards the end of my career as a contractor it didn't seem to matter how hard I worked or how many hours I would put in, The pay was still just not there. SO, I decided to go inhouse. Even though I didn't start on the bottom, I still find myself working 65, 70 hour work weeks to pay the bills and be able to enjoy life a little. Not to take the Cable Companies side. But it really seems to me the problem is really the Prime Contractor that for some reason thinks he deserves (as bushmaster stated) 50% or more of what the cable company pays when someone else did the work for him. 50% would maybe be reasonable if you are an employee for him and hes paying truck, gas, insurance, and all other costs. But if you are supplying your own gear. Thats ridiculas! I think 20-25% would be more than reasonable. Just my 2 thoughts.
This is CABL.com posting #284583. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmcd
Posted in reply to: You have the power to change it. by bushmaster
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: You have the power to change it. WildBill63 12/20/2009 5:30:00 PM