Create your free account now! Sign up

Global warming

Just Because It’s Snowing Out Doesn’t Mean Global Warming is Fake, Say It With Me People.

As I write this it is snowing fairly heavily in New York City, something which from my admitedly fallible memory seemed to happen more frequently in my childhood than in past years. And while it might be tempting to chalk up this year's comparatively colder temperatures as a refutation of global warming (we probably should’ve never called it that; climate change is much better...) that would be a faulty conclusion.

The Planet Doesn’t Care if You're Republican or Democrat
Come on people, global climate change is not a partisan issue! The planet really couldn’t care less about your political affiliation when it decides to unleash some good old fashioned natural disaster whoop-ass. When New Orleans was flooded (and I’m not claiming that it was caused by global warming; save your comments) it mattered not what animal your political mascot was. Continuing to frame the debate in terms of political parties is counterproductive and ecologically dangerous.

Suddenly, I am feeling very over-heated. Must be that global warming that all the kids are talking about.
This is CABL.com posting #284551. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmbH
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Global warming sab3r 12/20/2009 9:21:21 PM
Re: Global warming sab3r 12/20/2009 9:15:37 PM
Re: Global warming RadioMan 12/20/2009 1:52:52 PM
Re: Global warming Polehiker 12/20/2009 1:49:54 PM