Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directional Drills

Most dealers won't rent because of the higher level of compectency required to operate a drill and the dealer's relative exposure to liablity claims.  Not renting drills is also intended to protect the image of HDD from being ruined by incompetent drillers that were unsuccessful or caused extensive damage when dealers did try renting years ago. 

Subcontract it out unless you have the in-house capability to drill and just lack the drill--in that case you might be better off looking for an older unit at auction if you can't find a contractor willing to rent you idle equipment.  I would "rent" you a drill, operator, and locator for a daily, even hourly rate, if you were in my area.  Anyone who knows their true costs and what they are doing will be between $300-400/hr. or $2,000-3,000/day. 

There are many variables in drilling that make or break the job (proper drilling fluids mixture, drill stem condtion, ground conditions, tooling, etc.).  Also keep in mind that replacement costs for tooling and drill rod is an unanticipated cost that catches many first time owners by surprise. 

Just my .02 cents and probably more than you wanted but as a drill owner I want to see you be successfull in whatever approach you take to your problem. 
This is CABL.com posting #283790. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblZq
Posted in reply to: Directional Drills by CrazyIvan
There are 0 replies to this message