Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries

Perhaps I should have clarified myself, The news people I was talking about are the network talking head's. My main point was the reporter is raising a stink over less than .2% of the employee's when there are so many other places that the pay scale is out of pace with the real world.
One more thing no where in my post did I say anything about government workers being under paid. They are for the most part trying to earn a living, pay their bills, raise their kids, keep their home. As for the raises can you think of any person who when the boss comes to them and says your getting a raise, is going to say OH no please don't give me more money I don't need it or want it. One reason for working and doing your job the best you can, learning how to to it better and taking on more responsibility is so you can make more money.

Having worked for the privet sector and for the government they both have their drawbacks and their good points. The only reason the reporter got his article posted was because it was directed at the government. If he had picked some other industry say the cable industry and said that .2% of the industry's people are making over 71K a year it would not have been printed or people ould be saying so what. These days 71K puts you in the middle class.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #283771. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblY7
Posted in reply to: Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries by RadioMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries sab3r 12/13/2009 3:33:39 PM